Ontario’s Express Entry-aligned Human Capital Priorities Stream issues new NOIs
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream which is one of the most effective and important Express Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program streams for immigration to Canada has issued Notifications of interest on January 22ndin the Express Entry pool to the eligible candidates.
The issuance of invitations done by Ontario under the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream is extremely innovative for several reasons. It was not only the first round of invitations issued for the year 2018 but it was also the first time where the government has given this much detail about the issuance of invitations.
The invitations issued in the first round to the eligible candidates were about 340 and as well as the ranking scores of the candidates selected in the Express Entry. The invitation round which was held on January 22nd, candidates who has the Comprehensive Ranking Score of between 440and 446 were given NOI.
The candidates who had a CRS score below 400 were not invited during this round but the Ontario government has not announced in any way that Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue NOI to candidates who have a CRS score minimum at 400 and meet all the eligibility criteria, on a regular basis.
One of the most important news which was announced during this round was the date of Express Entry profiles submitted. The candidates who have submitted their profiles between January 1, 2018 and January 19, 2018 were given the NOI during this round.
The Human Capital Priorities is the most important and major component of the OINP, Canada’s popular PNP’s. The candidates who are successful in the HCP stream were awarded 600 additional CRS points and eventually they would be issued an Invitation to Apply for the permanent residence in a subsequent draw of Express Entry pool.
Some may not know, but the Ontario’s HCP stream is very unique in its own way. The OINP searches the Express Entry pool and select candidates who could settle in the province and issues the NOI to selected candidates which is basically an invitation to apply for the provincial nomination certificate through the OINP.
It has been announced by the immigration authorities in Ontario on 18th January, the HCP stream will be reopened.
To be considered eligible under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream, the candidate must be;
- Having a profile in the Express Entry pool along with a CRS score of minimum 400 points
- Having a minimum level of work experience
– the candidates who want to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) have at least one year or continuous full time work experience or part time equivalent in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the five years before the Notification of Interest from OINP
– the ones who want to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) must have at least one year cumulative or full time work experience or part time experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the three years before the Notification of interest from OINP
- Having a Canadian Bacherlor’s, Master’s or PhD degree or an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report which is produced by an organization proving that their education credential is equivalent to Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD
- Showing English or French language proficiency level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or demonstrating above in all four competencies (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
- Having intention to reside in Ontario
- Possessing adequate funds to cover the settlement cost in Ontario
- Meeting the additional criteria under the FSWP or CEC
Assessment of Eligibility
Get your eligibility assessed by the experts of the best immigration consultants in Pakistan, Lalani& Associates. Visit our website http://www.lalaniassociates.com.pkand take the Free Assessment and start your immigration process to Immigrate to Canada.